We all know that getting placed in Google is one of the most desirable employers in the world. Engineers at Google are the masters, and their salary is high enough. For Google employees salaries for Interns start from $70,000 to $90,000. Whereas for the software engineers can get from $118,000 and senior software engineers would make up for an average of amount $152,985.
Not only Google top companies like Facebook, Amazon, and Microsoft pays a good amount of salaries to the Software engineers. But, getting placed in good companies is not an easy job and takes in a lot of skill.
A lot of good skills are required from a software engineer background to get placed in the large enterprises. Happily, Google has released a list of skills required that they expect from an engineer who applies for a job at Google. The list will help to secure job in Google and other top companies if you follow and improve the list.
- First and foremost thing to do is Mastering the foundation. Go through an introduction to CS classes, from sites like Coursera or Udacity and improve your foundation skills.
- Learn any one of the object-oriented programming languages like Java, C++, or Python.
4.Always Test your code and others too. It is like finding your mistake and being smart. Google wants developers to “Find bugs, make tests, and play with software.” Head over to Udacity.
- Have a good grip on abstract math. Abstract Math is a math-like logical reasoning and discrete math. This helps a lot of computer science depends on the situation. MIT has good mathematics courses available for computer science.
- Understand data structures and algorithms. Google wants engineers to learn about data types like queues, stacks, and bags, as well as grasp, sorting algorithms like merge sort, quicksort, and heapsort. MIT provides these prescribed online resources.
- Having good knowledge of the operating system because it is where you do most of your work at. The University of California and Berkeley provides the courses.
- Know Artificial Intelligence. It is known from long time Google loves AI and robots. Stanford has courses on it.
- Learn to develop compilers. By learning to develop compilers, you will learn how a program is written in a high-level language designed for humans is systematically translated into a program written in low-level assembly more suited to machines. Coursera is best for learning about compilers.
- Learn about cryptography. These days cybersecurity has become a crucial partcybersecurityCoursera provide courses.